Solda Pools Service Tips: What to do with a Green Pool?
You come home from a 4 day long weekend. Your once crystal blue pool is now green with algae…what do you do!?!?
*note: should you notice the colour of your pool being near ‘mustard’ or ‘black’ please call your service professionals at Solda Pools for assistance. This article is meant for information purposes only and it is the recommendation of Solda Pools that you let the detailed care of your project be the responsibility of your service professional*
What are the causes?
- Lack of sanitizer (bromine, chlorine, etc)
- High phosphates in pool water
- Pool equipment may need service (ex. filter may need to be backwashed)
- Heavy rain load or storm
- Heavy bather load
- Running pool at a high pool temp can accelerate need for stabilizers
What will testing your water yield?
- Low chlorine levels
- High pH
- Super chlorinate (shock) your pool according to your test readings (follow labels on the bottles)
- Wait 6-8 hours and add recommended algaecide to your pool water (follow labels on the bottles)
- Following treatment the algae should die off and reside at the bottom of your pool
- Vacuum residual algae with filter set to ‘waste’ to ensure that any non-dead algae is still removed
- Following this re-test your water and apply chemicals accordingly
Applying these steps should resolve your situation though Solda Service highly recommends calling your service professionals at (905) 796-6500 for immediate attention. If you are unsure at all about any steps one should revert again to your service professionals at Solda Pools.
At Solda Pools, servicing your pool is regarded at the highest importance. At Solda, dedication to clients and to the highest standards of quality is paramount.